Chowmahalla Palace is one of the most popular touring places in Hyderabad. It was built between the years 1857 and 1869.The meaning of Chowmahalla is Four Palaces The word Char, and its variation Chaw, meaning four and the word Mahal means Palace in Urdu and Hindi.
The Four Palaces are:
- Afzal Mahal
- Tahniyat Mahal
- Mahtab Mahal
- Aftab Mahal.
Chowmahalla Palace Timings
|Monday||10.00 AM – 5.00 PM|
|Tuesday||10.00 AM – 5.00 PM|
|Wednesday||10.00 AM – 5.00 PM|
|Thursday||10.00 AM – 5.00 PM|
|Saturday||10.00 AM – 5.00 PM|
|Sunday||10.00 AM – 5.00 PM|
Chowmahalla Palace Entry Fee
- Adult for Indians → Rs 50 per person
- Child (Below 12 Yrs) for Indians → Rs 10 per person
- Foreign Tourists → Rs 200 per person
Chowmahalla Palace Outlook
Chowmahalla Palace Highlights
- An excellent spread of yard, its green scene differentiating the yellow and white themes of the castle displays a trancelike sight.
- Various galleries in the Palace with each introducing an intriguing presentation of ceramics, garments, furniture, coins and money notes, pictures from the Nizam period, and so forth are certain to keep you locked in. Show of weapons has been uniquely done in a fascinating way; these are displayed not just inside glass cabinet but on the walls as well, reaching till the top.
- Vintage car and Buggee display is another significant fascination of Chowmahalla Palace. A fish motif on a poll, which was gifted by Mughals, is likewise going to grab your eye.
- A huge water fountain in front of the Chowmahalla Palace, with artistically carved pillars, is the main thing to offer a look into the architectural excellence of this Chowmahalla Palace.
Chowmahalla Palace Location:
Places Near to Chowmahalla Palace
- Mecca Masjid
- Bhagyalakshmi Temple
- Venkateshwara Temple
- Elamma Mata Temple